Renew BAM demodata

Recently I did a POC with BAM 12c at the customer. In a series of post’s I will describe my findings/experiences.
In the first post of this series I described the initial situation (Impact of ACM Implementation on BAM). This post ended up with the following challenge.

We have a ACM Case consisting of about thirty Case Activities. The Case and the individual Case Activities are housed in a private composite (1 + ~30 composites).

Challenge: How can we group/filter in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics that are present in each Composite. For example ‘ Department ‘.

In the Fourth post (Populating BAM using JMS) I described that I have used an oracle tutorial to Populate BAM in SOA using JMS. This tutorial and sample project can be found on the Oracle website. In the image below, you see the corresponding composite.

5image1

By calling this RequestService from different BPM processes BAM can be loaded with data via JMS). After that I went to work with this data in BAM to create dashboards. Hereby I ran into the following problem:
The dashboards that have to be developed have a data scope of 2 weeks. To test this properly I need at least 2 weeks of data. For this I created a dataset that contains data for 2 weeks. This data set, however, concerns the last 2 weeks. This means that the data actually been directly out-dated.

My challenge: How can it be ensured that the data is up to date?

Using the commandline tool bamloadgen it is possible to provide BAM with data. With this tool it is even possible to use placeholders to renew the data. But the options are limited to today and yesterday (For details see Oracle documentation). This means that bamloadgen is not suitable to renew data from 2 weeks.

I made my own solution.

Continue reading

Advertisements

Populating BAM using JMS

Recently I did a POC with BAM 12c at the customer. In a series of post’s I will describe my findings/experiences.
In the first post of this series I described the initial situation (Impact of ACM Implementation on BAM). This post ended up with the following challenge.

We have a ACM Case consisting of about thirty Case Activities. The Case and the individual Case Activities are housed in a private composite (1 + ~30 composites).

Challenge: How can we group/filter in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics that are present in each Composite. For example ‘Department ‘.

In the second post Filtering/grouping in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics (explored solutions) I have 10 recognized/examined solutions appointed for this challenge. In this post one of these solutions (number 10) is further developed.

I will describe an implementation of how to populate BAM via a JMS queue. In a nutshell: we have the following situation:
An ACM Case Management composite (CASE A) with the Case Activities implemented in external BPM processes (Proces 1,2 and 3). The humantask metrics are available in BAM via the ‘default’ channel. For other metrics the composites have to send events. These events are catched by the Event Handling Service. This service puts them on the JMS Queue BAM uses as input source. Graphically represented:

3image1 Continue reading