BAM Database

Recently I did a POC with BAM 12c at the customer. In a series of post’s I will describe my findings/experiences.
In the first post I described the initial situation (Impact of ACM Implementation on BAM). And in the second post I described the solutions we have recognised/examined to make Management Information (MI) available to the ACM implementation.

During this examination we also looked in detail to the BAM database. The relevant findings of this are described in this post.

In this description we begin from BAM. The Data Objects of the ACM case with associated Case Activities can be found in the processanalytics directory of BAM. See figure below.

do_tree_processanalytics

Continue reading

Fool BAM with database hack

Recently I did a POC with BAM 12c at the customer. In a series of post’s I will describe my findings/experiences.
In the first post of this series I described the initial situation (Impact of ACM Implementation on BAM). This post ended up with the following challenge.

We have a ACM Case consisting of about thirty Case Activities. The Case and the individual Case Activities are housed in a private composite (1 + ~30 composites).

Challenge: How can we group/filter in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics that are present in each composite. For example ‘Department’.

In the second post (Filtering/grouping in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics (explored solutions)) I have 10 recognized/examined solutions appointed for this challenge. In this third post one of these solutions (number 9) is further developed.

‘Use of a dummy Data Object based on the generic format supplemented by the generic custom indicators. This for both activity and process’ data. Customizing the generated dummy view on the database by merging the various generated views we more or less fool BAM.’

Create Dummy Data Object

We start by making a ‘dummy’ data object in BAM. This data object is based on the generic activity data object.

3image1 Continue reading