In my previous two blogs, I have made a start with the study of the BAM components. I have started with the Data Objects (BAM Data Objecten, BAM Calculated Fields). In this post I will talk about Queries.
The problem of last week (BAM Projects get corrupted) has given me extra time to think about the rest of the blog series. In doing so, I came to the conclusion that I had not yet taken the functional requirements as a subject. But without these requirements the upcoming blogs are hard to follow, so in this post I first will mention the functional requirements, from a technical point of view (and briefly describe them). I have translated a drawn dashboard image into the following requirements.
- Click through to humantask. Link to a rule action. Add ability to click through to the related humantask, to view it or act on it as assigned rep.
- Change View type at runtime. Possibility to switch from view of e.g. a line chart to a bar chart or a list view.
- Click through to case details via the used hierarchical organization structure (Judicial System, Department, Team and Employee).
- Summary of tasks. Showing number of open tasks, newly opened tasks and recently closed tasks. Increase/decrease in percentage of number of tasks.
- Starting a related system. Link to a view action. E.g. start the worklist application or a specific website.
- Filter of displayed data in multiple views at once. E.g. all views in which a department is shown, and where it is possible to filter on the department, display information of the same department(s).
- Showing tasks and deadline’s. Indicate how many urgent tasks there are on the basis of urgency.
- Change parameters at runtime such as the degree of urgency. Urgency is the number of days for due before it is urgent.
- Updating views without pressing the refresh button. Use active data so that the view is dynamically updated.
- Dynamic displaying images. Depending on the selected data a different picture is shown.
Last week something very weird happened. It was no longer possible to delete a specific Business View. After selecting to delete the view, the view did not disappear, and was probably not deleted. But it was not accessible anymore.