BAMCommand

Recently I did a POC with BAM 12c at the customer. In a series of post’s I will describe my findings/experiences.
In the first post of this series I described the initial situation (Impact of ACM Implementation on BAM). This post ended up with the following challenge.

We have a ACM Case consisting of about thirty Case Activities. The Case and the individual Case Activities are housed in a private composite (1 + ~30 composites).

Challenge: How can we group/filter in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics that are present in each Composite. For example ‘Department’.

In the second post Filtering/grouping in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics (explored solutions) I have 10 recognized/examined solutions appointed for this challenge.

In this post I will cover the functionalities of BAMCommand that I have used in the implementation/rollout of the EMS configuration (Populating BAM using JMS).

But first, what is BAMCommand?

BAMCommand is the command-line utility to export, import, migrate, clear, and delete BAM metadata, data, and project artifacts.
You can find BAMCommand in the directory ‘FMW_HOME/soa/bam/bin’. By calling BAMCommand without parameters gives you an overview of the possibilities. This overview is shown below:

4image1

Continue reading

Populating BAM using JMS

Recently I did a POC with BAM 12c at the customer. In a series of post’s I will describe my findings/experiences.
In the first post of this series I described the initial situation (Impact of ACM Implementation on BAM). This post ended up with the following challenge.

We have a ACM Case consisting of about thirty Case Activities. The Case and the individual Case Activities are housed in a private composite (1 + ~30 composites).

Challenge: How can we group/filter in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics that are present in each Composite. For example ‘Department ‘.

In the second post Filtering/grouping in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics (explored solutions) I have 10 recognized/examined solutions appointed for this challenge. In this post one of these solutions (number 10) is further developed.

I will describe an implementation of how to populate BAM via a JMS queue. In a nutshell: we have the following situation:
An ACM Case Management composite (CASE A) with the Case Activities implemented in external BPM processes (Proces 1,2 and 3). The humantask metrics are available in BAM via the ‘default’ channel. For other metrics the composites have to send events. These events are catched by the Event Handling Service. This service puts them on the JMS Queue BAM uses as input source. Graphically represented:

3image1 Continue reading

Fool BAM with database hack

Recently I did a POC with BAM 12c at the customer. In a series of post’s I will describe my findings/experiences.
In the first post of this series I described the initial situation (Impact of ACM Implementation on BAM). This post ended up with the following challenge.

We have a ACM Case consisting of about thirty Case Activities. The Case and the individual Case Activities are housed in a private composite (1 + ~30 composites).

Challenge: How can we group/filter in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics that are present in each composite. For example ‘Department’.

In the second post (Filtering/grouping in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics (explored solutions)) I have 10 recognized/examined solutions appointed for this challenge. In this third post one of these solutions (number 9) is further developed.

‘Use of a dummy Data Object based on the generic format supplemented by the generic custom indicators. This for both activity and process’ data. Customizing the generated dummy view on the database by merging the various generated views we more or less fool BAM.’

Create Dummy Data Object

We start by making a ‘dummy’ data object in BAM. This data object is based on the generic activity data object.

3image1 Continue reading

Filtering/grouping in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics (explored solutions)

Recently I did a POC with BAM 12c at the customer. In a series of post’s I will describe my findings/experiences.
In a previous post I described the initial situation (Impact of ACM Implementation on BAM). That post ended up with the following problem description.

Problem description

We have a ACM case consisting of about thirty Case Activities. The Case and the individual Case Activities are housed in a private (1 + ~30 composites).

Challenge: How can we group/filter in BAM by ‘specific’ metrics that are present in each composite. For example ‘Department’.

In this post I will describe solutions we have recognised/examined to make Management Information (MI) available for this ACM implementation.  Continue reading

Impact of ACM Implementation on BAM

Recently I did a POC with BAM 12c at the customer. In a series of post’s I will describe my findings/experiences.
This is the first post in the series.

As a starting point we have the following situation:

We have an ACM composite consisting of a case with associated BusinessRule component and different BPM processes implemented as Case Activities. See figure below.

1image1

This is one single composite application. This means that there are two objects for BAM (‘VeryHugeCase Activity’ and ‘VeryHugeCase Process’) generated in the ‘Process Analytics’ project.
1image2

Continue reading